LAWRENCE TWP. — A family was driven from their home and out into the snowy January afternoon when their house caught fire Friday.
Brian Scarlato, Chief of the Cedarville Fire Department, said there had been an explosion in the house at 3366 Cedarville Road.
Christine Morris, who lived there, was able to escape without coming to any harm. Her three sons were in school when the fire began.
There was no word on Morris’s husband’s location, though Scarlato said nobody had been injured in the fire.
As of 1:30 p.m., the fire was out. There was some noticeable damage to the roof, and the front windows were broken out, though it was not clear if this was due to the explosion or firefighters breaking them out.
The cause of the fire was still being determined as of Friday evening.